Sunday, July 29, 2012

Grrr....

Today, I am grumpy for no good reason. It's just one of those days where nothing seems to be going right, so I decided to throw a roast in the crock pot and sit down for a bit. Yep. I'm calling a mulligan on today!

Yesterday's trip to Portland was a fun one! I opted to sleep in a bit and headed south around 9 am. First stop was Battle Ground for "A Vintage Gathering", a fun antique sale. It turned out to be the highlight of my trip. I scored a giant vintage quilt, AND the seller talked the price down to $35. I'm really happy with it, and its a good replacement for the ones I donated. I went to the Barn House sale. I wasn't very impressed. The event had a small fee, and music, but it wasn't as good as the sale at "A Vintage Gathering". After getting lost quite a few times, I made it to Portland, taking the back roads, which were lovely. The air was fresh and clean and there were pastures and barns. I was in heaven!

I got to Powell's Books pretty quickly. If you haven't been, it's a must go. It's a city block of books, with multiple stories. There's so many books, it can be overwhelming, so make sure you eat, and bring a list of what you want to look for!!  I went there for children's sewing books and found a great book "Growing Up Sew Liberated". It was on sale for way less than the used price on Amazon, so I just couldn't pass it up.


A few stops later, I ended up at Fabric Dept. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!  There's acres of fabric and doo-dads for sewing. I ended up with the sweetest fabric for curtains for noodle's room and I got to play. Could it be any better?   Check these prints out-so cute :)




Today will be spent grabbing lunch with a friend and picking up baby stuff from her, and then getting in some sewing.  If this doesn't turn around a silly day, I don't know what will!  Here's to a good Sunday, and a week that flies by ;)

Raina

No comments:

Post a Comment