Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holy Gravy...a blog on turkey, thankfulness, my ever-growing self and caving in.

How's THAT for a title? Impressive, right?

Its been a big week, and it will continue to be a big week, so let's recap it out!

Turkey Day happened, and it was good. If you haven't checked out my other blog, you should-I posted a crazy delicious menu that included wild game, mushrooms and gravy. Oh, and bacon. You can't have a holiday without bacon. You could, but that wouldn't be very tasty. For more on what I ate and ongoing bacony homage, go to: blackberrysage.blogspot.com.

With Thanksgiving comes giving thanks. I am pretty darn lucky, and have a lot to be grateful for. I look back at where my life was a few years ago, and give thanks every day for what I have now. Is it easy? Not always. Is it frustrating? Sure, but whose life isn't? Are there things I would change? You bet your sweet bacon I would. But each of those moments, the good, the bad, the heartbreaking have led me to where I am in life. What matters is that I have love, shelter, food and a career that allows me to make enough to travel and support my craft and food habits.  You can't ask for much more than that.

And my ever-growing mid section. Izzy is due in just about 6 weeks. "They" say that this is the time where everything slows down and the last few weeks start to drag out. So far, I haven't seen that. Things are flying by, and my impending mommy-hood is starting to freak me out. I have so much to do at work, and here at home, that 6 weeks (and that's a ball park, folks; I am a weebly-wobbly time bomb!) just doesn't feel like it is logistically enough time to get it all done.

What you don't always hear is that this is the time that shit starts getting real. You're going to be a mommy. You're going to have a little life, living outside of you. That's some amazing stuff to wrap ones head around. I have to admit, I am more worried that something will go wrong in these last few weeks than I am about having the tiny beast here. So many people that I know have had issues, so many late-term miscarriages have happened. These are the things that pop into my head when Izzy hasn't moved in a little while. I don't know how many times I have drank cold water and jumped up and down to wake her up, just to be comforted by feeling her move (yes, I do realize that is more than likely super annoying). So I am torn between wanting to keep her in me as long as possible to get as much done as I can with the opposite drive to get her out of me so I can see her, and protect her, and not just have to trust that my body can get through these last weeks. Oh, and don't even Google cord complications. You won't want to sleep, or want to roll over. Yep, welcome to the crazy. So between that, and the constant soundtrack of Europe's "The Final Countdown" running through my head, its a wonder I am ticking things off of the list. Meh, it'll all get done.

And the week in store! Phew. Work, and more work of course; baby class tonight (more than half way done!) and lots of Art Events this weekend-South Park Arts Under $100 Art Sale and Urban Craft Uprisings Sale are both Saturday, and I'll be hitting them both.  Should be a fun time! :)

Caving in...A few posts ago I mentioned my disdain for getting my picture taken in a studio. In realizing that I could make this a Christmas present for my mom, I caved in and set up an appointment to get "portraits" done. All in all, it didn't suck, and Nick came with me. Less than 30 mins and a little bit of money later, I have cute Weeble Wobble pics and will be able to give my Mom just what she wanted all along. I'll consider this a win for both of us. And I am pretty sure I win Mom of the Year points, since I insisted that Izzy only get one set of monthly pictures done.

Lastly, Thursday is the 6 month anniversary of my Dad's death. I can't believe that it's already been 6 months. In some ways it feels like it was a lot longer ago, but in some ways it still feels so recent. I'll have another post on that in the coming days,  but just wanted to call that out, since it's also been on my mind.

So I think that is it-bacon, gravy, crazy, busy, art and family...Sounds about right!

How's your week looking folks? Hope fabulously!

And on that note...I leave you with...Europe! This is going to be stuck in your head forever.  The video can't be beat-that hair, the explosions, the synthesizers?  Pure 80's awesomeness wrapped into my maternity theme song.  You're both welcome and sorry.



Cheers,
Raina




No comments:

Post a Comment