Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Love


This time last year, I was in labor and was in my delivery room being coached to breathe and waiting for my little one to come. I would have to wait another 15 hours, but it didn't matter.

I look at this picture and can't help but smile. She was brand new, maybe a minute old. I'm so tired, but so excited. I am thoroughly peaceful.

I can't believe how quickly the past year has flown by. Every day, I am so grateful for my Tiny Beast; her strength, her fluffy hair, the way she looks like me and my Dad. Everything.

When she was born, even with all that happened immediately after (and you can read about that here, if you want to catch up); I knew that everything in life would be ok. All that mattered was that I had her. After so many years of waiting for the right person and the right time, she was here and she was mine.

Having Isabella erased any anger I had. Every bad day just didn't matter. Even my Dad's death a few months before stung a little less. Looking into her big blue eyes, I knew (and know) that as long as I do my best for her, and keep her needs in mind, I can't and won't go wrong.

Every night, we snuggle her to sleep, and put her in her crib. I look forward to that time. I look forward to our weekend naps on the couch, snuggled under antique quilts, chasing the last of the sunbeams. She is truly my heart and my world and I can't imagine my life without her. I am truly blessed to have her.

Here's to many more years of love, happiness, and those big blue eyes.

To you, my love. Mommy loves you so, so much.
Raina


No comments:

Post a Comment