Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Great Big Adventure!

It's hard to believe we've already been back almost a week - the time away, and the past few days have gone by in a blur. After a day of rest, we jumped right back into our normal lives-gardening, cooking, and of course going back to work. 

The (shy of) two weeks of was lovely, and I made a good decision coming back to work towards the end of the week. I am sitting here in a quiet house, it's close to midnight, and since kiddo and Nick are in bed, I thought I would update the blog's look-adding a new banner, and get to writing a quick blog here and over at blackberrysage.blogspot.com....

I had an amazing time on vacation-the sun. OH THE SUN!  It was so lovely, even when temperatures hit triple digits, it was still nice to get out in the sunshine and play. I can't say enough about how wonderful Yosemite and Mono Lake were, as well as the surrounding areas. If you have a chance, do check out Mariposa, Coarsegold, and Oakhurst-cute small towns with great shops and good people. Everyone we ran into were so warm and friendly-none of the Seattle Chill we're used to :) We met a fabulous couple in Coarsegold who ran Mountain Delights (an awesome shop, with a lovely sitting area under a giant fig tree)-they took us in and doted over Izzy. It's these kinds of stops that just make my heart happy!

It's late, so I won't spend too much time here, but here's a few pictures of our adventures! Things that these pics remind me: Everything was HUGE, my baby is growing way too fast (and has so many teeth now), and that we went on some fun hikes. Baby wearing sure helped, but an extra 25 lbs of weight kicked my butt!









I hope you are out and about enjoying adventures big and small! What do you have planned for fun this summer?

Best,
Raina

No comments:

Post a Comment