Sunday, June 8, 2014

Memorial Days





       

I am just outside of Yosemite National Park, wrapping up a week long vacation. It's been over two years since Nick and I were on a proper vacation. It's also been two years since my Dad passed away. It's still hard, and I still miss him terribly, but I am still so relieved that he's no longer in pain. 

We decided to take Dad on one more trip to the places that he loved the most-Yosemite National Park and Mono Lake. He and I spent so much time here while I was in high school, and it's been almost 20 years since I have been back. 

I'll post more pictures of our trip soon, but for now, I leave you with the above pictures - places where we spread his ashes. I chose some of our favorite places. I also leave you with my new favorite picture of Izzy, visiting Grampa at the Veterans Cemetery. Lastly, please consider supporting organizations that help support Veterans, PTSD treatment, and suicide prevention. 20% of suicides in the US are by Veterans. Some of my favorite organizations are the DAV and Wounded Warrior Project. 


Yours in love and peace and of course, adventure!

Raina

No comments:

Post a Comment